Text to Speeeeeech (Al Larsen)
audio and text
Spring 2006 - present
This is a series of “songs“ using the Macintosh text reader to play in the area between spoken-word poetry and beat programming.
The Wind is in the Trees (mp3
The Crow Harasses the Hawk (mp3
The Only Crow in the Tree (mp3
Boom Boom Kah (mp3
The series was developed as part of the Warm Not Cold blog, Spring 2006.
"The Crow Harasses the Hawk" is included in SoundLAB Edition IV “memoryscapes“ which
launched online in October, 2006. memoryscapes has been part of the following exhibitions:
- FILE Electronic Language Festival Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (February 26 - March 29, 2008)
- FILE Hipersonica Festival, a satellite of FILE Electronic Language Festival, Sao Paulo, Brazil (August 13 - September 9, 2007)
- The Casoria International Contemporary Art Museum, Casoria, Italy (December 16, 2006 - January 16, 2007)
- Festival Arte Digital Rosario, Argentina (November 16-18, 2006)
- PI - Performance & Intermedia Festival, OFFICYNA, Szczecin, Poland (October 20 - 22, 2006)
“The Wind is in the Trees“ is featured on:
r4wd10pl4y84ck800m80x0r (aka Radio Play Back Boom Boxor)
online project and was also broadcast via micro-radio
as part of the Distribution Religion Exhibition at The Art Gallery of Knoxville, Knoxville, TN (January 5, 2007).
“The Only Crow in the Tree“ is included on Free the Bird, the Kelp Monthly CD for July, 2006.
More information on Warm Not Cold